We will tell you Signs You Need a New Furnace. Your home’s furnace is key to keeping your residence comfortable during the coldest parts of the year. The last thing you want is for your furnace to suddenly fail during the dead of winter. By keeping watching your furnace’s performance, you can detect if something is going wrong and have a professional service it before the system fails. In some cases, a repair is all that is needed to keep your furnace in working order. However, sometimes the solution is a complete furnace replacement. The following furnace replacement tips will tell you what to look out for.
Seven Signs You Need a New Furnace
- Higher Energy Bills: as a furnace ages it becomes less efficient. While your furnace may still be working, it will have to run longer and use more power to warm your home if it has been in use for several years. If you notice an increase in your heating cost, this could be a sign you need a new furnace.
- Your Home Is Cold: a sign that your furnace could need replacing is that it can no longer effectively heat your home. If your furnace is not producing heat, you should reach out to a professional as this can have many causes. Other causes may include leaks or a broken thermostat. A professional will be able to tell you if the furnace is the problem and what the next best course of action is.
- Uneven Heating: another performance issue to watch for is uneven heating. This results in some rooms being heated normally, some only being partly warmed, and some not being heated at all. This is caused by your furnace being unable to properly push heated air through your home.
- There Is Increased Dust In Your Home: if you notice a higher amount of dust, dirt, soot, or rust building up when your furnace is running, this could be a sign you need to install a new furnace. A failing furnace is unable to properly clean the heated air before it is circulated throughout your home. Also, be sure to check the filter to make sure it is not a problem.
- Your Furnace Doesn’t Look Or Sound Right: sometimes you can tell you need to replace your furnace just by looking at it. Physical signs such as corrosion, cracking, or damage to the furnace itself can be signs you need to replace it. Also, listening for odd sounds such as screeching, banging, grinding or squealing can be signs the unit needs repairs or, in some cases, a full replacement. Bad odors are also a sign you should have your furnace checked by a professional.
- Cycling Issues: when you run your furnace it should cycle on and off if it is working correctly. Cycling errors include your furnace cycling on and off frequently or not cycling off at all. If your furnace never seems to shut off or can’t stay on, it’s time to call a qualified expert to see what the issue is.
- Your Furnace Is Old: the average furnace will work well for 15 to 20 years depending on how often it is used and how often maintenance is done. If you are not the original owner of your home, the furnace could have been several years old when you moved in. No matter the situation, an old furnace is one that you should replace as soon as possible.
A furnace is a complex piece of machinery and there are a lot of things that can go wrong as your system ages. If your furnace is showing any of the above performance issues, reach out to a heating professional today.
Also, visit Home Design Looks for more quality information.